Matt Heron Fly Fishing is an all-inclusive fly fishing school and outfitter located just minutes from Lake Tahoe. The home base for Matt's school is at the 5 star, 4 diamond, Resort at Squaw Creek, California's number one all season resort.Before you visit Olympic Valley, use our trip planner to discover what you can do and see there.
Matt's program highlights include...
- A wide selection of daily classes for all ability levels.
- Two private, stocked ponds with beautiful rainbow trout.
- The Fly Fishing Discovery Center, Tahoe's only fly fishing education facility.
- The most amazing outdoor classroom in the world, with 360 degree views of Squaw Valley, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics.
- Full and half day guide trips, on the Truckee and Little Truckee Rivers, along with two private water options.
- On The Water Clinics, focusing on every aspect of still, and moving water fly fishing techniques.
- Creek Creatures; A one of a kind interactive kids education program.
- International hosted travel; ask about this year's trip to Belize!
- A full line up of loaner and rental gear for the DIY angler visiting Tahoe.
- All classes and trips are catch and release, using single barbless hooks.
Matt's program is one of the most sought after fly fishing schools in the country, having taught over 3,500 students from all over the world.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Matt Heron Fly Fishing reviews
Matt has an excellent beginner flyfishing program in the Truckee/Tahoe area. Never touched a fly rod, but want to try? This is the program for you. I've known Matt for several years and brought two...
Matt has an excellent beginner flyfishing program in the Truckee/Tahoe area. Never touched a fly rod, but want to try? This is the program for you. I've known Matt for several years and brought two... more »
We hired Matt and his team for a work event we held for some of our partners. Everyone had a fantastic time, and enjoyed the day! The weather was amazing, and Matt and his team were fantastic...
We hired Matt and his team for a work event we held for some of our partners. Everyone had a fantastic time, and enjoyed the day! The weather was amazing, and Matt and his team were fantastic... more »
Have been out on a full day with Dan and a half day with Austin. Lulanna always makes scheduling and logistics a total breeze, and the guides are awesome. Knowledgeable, patient, and fun. Will go out with them again and recommend them very highly. Thanks MHFF!
We had an amazing trip with Matt and Dan! Seriously incredible! We caught tons of big fish, including my wife who got her first ever trout on a fly- She brought in an 18 inch bow! I’d give it ten stars if I could. Whether you are advanced or brand new, Matt Heron knows how to give you an incredible experience.
Plan your trip to Olympic Valley
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Book itChoose from the best hotels and activities. Up to 50% off
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Olympic Valley
Side trips from Olympic Valley
Nearby attractions in Olympic Valley
Hidden gems in Olympic Valley
Winter Sports in Olympic Valley
Trips in Matt Heron Fly Fishing by other users
56 days in United States BY A USER FROM CANADA Seattle South Lake Tahoe Yosemite National Park 5 days in Tahoe City BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Five Lakes Creek Trailhead Matt Heron Fly Fishing Tahoe City - South/North Trailheads 60 days in New York City & California BY A USER FROM IRELAND New York City San Diego Los Angeles 58 days in California BY A USER FROM INDIA Monterey South Lake Tahoe Yosemite National Park 47 days in California BY A USER FROM SENEGAL San Diego Healdsburg Napa 4 days in California BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES San Francisco Tahoe City San Diego