Trip Planner: Europe / Portugal / Central Portugal / Leiria District / Peniche / Praia dos Supertubos (Medão Grande)
Globally famous thanks to its tubular waves, it's located in the National Ecological Reserve Zone. Recognized for its environmental quality it's awarded with the “Blue Flag” and also with a flag that stands for “Beach Accessible To All”. The Beach of Supertubos its the stage to one of the most prestigious competitions, on a national and international level, between all wave related sports. The beach its concessionaried since 1983, it's administered by Rui Alexandre Ramos founder of the concession and owner of Beach Club Supertubos. It has a panoramic terrace, Snack-Bar and Restaurant with an efficient service full of quality and friendliness.Choose to start, finish, or center your holiday on a trip to Praia dos Supertubos (Medão Grande) by using our Peniche attractions planner.
- Famosa mundialmente graças às suas ondas tubulares, está situada em Zona de Reserva Ecológica Nacional. Reconhecida pela sua qualidade ambiental é galardoada com Bandeira Azul e Bandeira de Praia Acessível Para Todos. A Praia dos Supertubos é palco das mais prestigiadas competições nacionais e internacionais em desportos nas ondas. Praia concessionada desde 1983 é administrada por Rui Alexandre Ramos fundador da concessão e proprietário do Beach Club Supertubos. Dispõe de Esplanada Panorâmica, Snack-Bar e Restaurante, serviço eficiente com qualidade e simpatia.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Praia dos Supertubos (Medão Grande) reviews
Súpertubos beach bar was a great little place to wait for my husband while he surfed! Really good (and cheap) sangria and the food was decent!
Súpertubos beach bar was a great little place to wait for my husband while he surfed! Really good (and cheap) sangria and the food was decent! more »
Boring if the surf is poor, fantastic when the surf is good. Easy parking, a few good cafes, penty of walking opportunities
Boring if the surf is poor, fantastic when the surf is good. Easy parking, a few good cafes, penty of walking opportunities more »
Finally made it here with big expectations and was not disappointed. 6-8 feet and hollow and handled the North wind at the time pretty well. Stoked to snag a view views behind the curtain and definitely paid some dues. Heavy stuff when breaking proper, seems like surfers of all skill levels are stoked on this spot depending on the day, and the vibes are super chill. A few years ago I met a Portuguese surfer from Peniche at my home break in New Jersey and welcomed him and chatted him up. He said I had to go, and now I did, and the locals were just as cool... as long as you know what you're doing when its barreling.
Beautiful long beach, beautiful waves
Plan your trip to Peniche
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Book itChoose from the best hotels and activities. Up to 50% off
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Hidden gems in Peniche
Side trips from Peniche
Popular things to do in Peniche
Nearby attractions in Peniche
Kid-friendly things to do in Peniche
Trips in Praia dos Supertubos (Medão Grande) by other users
33 days in Lisbon BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Lisbon 25 days in Portugal BY A USER FROM SAUDI ARABIA Nazare Coimbra Porto 25 days in Portugal BY A USER FROM SAUDI ARABIA Nazare Coimbra Porto 12 days in Peniche BY A USER FROM CANADA Igreja de Santa Maria Obidos Village Castelo de Óbidos 25 days in Portugal, Italy & Fes BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Porto Nazare Lisbon 12 days in Peniche BY A USER FROM IRELAND Igreja de Santa Maria Obidos Village Castelo de Óbidos