TEMPORARILY CLOSED due to fire damage.
Sugarloaf Ridge Park Features:
1) Best views in the North Bay. From Bald Mountain’s 2700-foot summit you can see San Francisco, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Mt. St. Helena, Snow Mountain, and the Sierras.
2) A lovely seasonal waterfall on Canyon trail.
3) 25 miles of hiking trails. Everything from an easy 1-mile nature trail to a challenging 8.2-mile loop over Bald Mountain.
4) Great mountain biking and horseback riding trails.
5) Incredible diversity of landscape: Cool redwood forests, flower-filled meadows, and bird-rich chaparral.
6) The Robert Ferguson Observatory offers monthly “Star Parties” where the public can see the heavens through the observatory’s three large telescopes. (for info see www.rfo.org)
7) Family Campground with 47 sites. Now with hot showers!
8) Group Campground with room for 50.
9) Interpretive visitor center open on weekends.
10) Tranquil creek side picnic area.
11) Managed by Team Sugarloaf. Five local non-profits – working hard to keep your park open.
12) Fees: $8.00 day-use, $49.00 annual pass and $35.00 camping.
See you soon at the Headwaters to the North Bay and Gateway to the Stars.
Sonoma Ecology Center, Valley of the Moon Natural History Association, Sonoma Trails Council, United Camps Conferences and Retreats, and the Robert Ferguson Observatory. By using our Kenwood trip itinerary website , you can arrange your visit to Sugarloaf Ridge State Park and other attractions in Kenwood.
Sugarloaf Ridge State Park Reviews
This is a wonderful place to hike near to Santa Rosa. Plenty of parking, with hiking levels for everyone. I prefer the Meadow, Brushy Peaks, Red Mountain, Headwaters, and Lower Bear Mountain loop... more »
We wanted a hike with some challenge but not for 2 hours. This was just perfect! Beautiful trees and the trails were clean and safe for most. I would not recommend to people with knee or balance... more »
We were at the group campsite. Isolated and beautiful place where there are enough tables for 50 people at least. Two spots for tent beside the observatory lead by a wonderful team of volunteers (book a night there for your group). Plenty of trails. Kids rode their bikes. Showers with quarters, on the family campsite (use your car). Two portable toilets. A bit smelly, no compost nor recycle bin: my only complaint :)
Great camping. Super kid friendly and dogs are allowed but not off the paved roads which is a bummer. Super happy they allow dogs. The only downside was the bathrooms. Although updated, there were rings in the toilets indicating they had not been thoroughly cleaned in sometime.
Places to stay near Sugarloaf Ridge State Park
Plan your trip to Kenwood
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
View all ›
Side trips from Kenwood
Wineries in Kenwood
Hidden gems in Kenwood
Shopping in Kenwood
Plans to Sugarloaf Ridge State Park by other users
41 days in Mare & Vallejo BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA August, teens, culture, outdoors, relaxing, romantic, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife, popular sights PREFERENCES: August, teens, culture, outdoors, relaxing, romantic, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 3 days in Kenwood BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, hidden gems PREFERENCES: September ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium 14 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES August, outdoors, romantic, beaches, historic sites, shopping, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: August, outdoors, romantic, beaches, historic sites, shopping ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 3 days in Rutherford BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES July, outdoors, popular sights PREFERENCES: July, outdoors ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 59 days in Sonoma County BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES June, culture, relaxing, historic sites, museums, popular sights PREFERENCES: June, culture, relaxing, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 3 days in Oakville BY A USER FROM CANADA August, culture, outdoors, beaches, historic sites, shopping, wildlife, popular sights PREFERENCES: August, culture, outdoors, beaches, historic sites, shopping, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium