Did you ever know:
• That the geographical centre of Europe is 26 km away from Vilnius?
• That there are 2 former historical capitals of Lithuania nearby Vilnius – Trakai and Kernave?
• That Vilnius is also known as Northern Jerusalem and Athens?
• That we have an Independent Republic named Uzupis established within Vilnius Old Town?
• That Lithuania was the biggest country in Europe in 14th century: it included present territories of Belarus and Ukraine, part of Poland and part of Russia?
• That Lithuania organized a unique protest against Soviet occupation in 23 August 1989. Citizens of 3 Baltic States - Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia formed 600 km long row of people holding hands? This record setting event showed the world that Baltic States wanted to be independent.
• That Lithuania was the first Soviet state to declare it's independence in March 11, 1990?
• That Lithuania is 1st in the world by the number of hot air balloons per resident and Vilnius is the only one European capital where you can fly with hot air balloons daily?
• That Lithuanian language is the oldest living language of the Indo-European family and closest to Sanskrit?
• That basketball is a "second religion" in Lithuania?
• That if you see shopping centre named MAXIMA XXX, don’t think that it is Adults Only shop.
• That the famous western actor Charles Bronson was Lithuanian?
• Singers Pink and Anthony Kiedis (front man of Red Hot Chili Peppers) also have Lithuanian roots?
• That there are/were many world famous Lithuanians in the world - check out - https://www.facebook.com/thebeautifullandofnevermind/posts/1206756176081555 Plan your visit to Vilnius Urban Adventures and a wealth of other attractions, well-known and undiscovered, using our Vilnius holiday builder.
Tours To Vilnius Urban Adventures
Soviet Stories from Vilnius BOOK WITH VIATOR FROM $48
Duration: 3 hours
Vilnius Urban Adventures Reviews
Had a wonderful tour with Vilija and was introduced to places we would otherwise have missed , showing us a more “personal “ side to the city at space that suited us. Excellent historical knowledge... more »
Me and my father had a fantastic evening with Ieva. She was a perfect food tour guide and was able to explain local food and traditions in an easy and impressing way. I would love to spend another... more »
We did the food tour "Flavours of Vilnius" with Vilija and it was an Amazing gastronomic and local experience! She was very knowledgeable and passionate about her country and culture. Told us many stories and insights and we tried very good local products, km 0, and very authentic! She was patient, accommodating everyone food restrictions and following in a good pace. Plenty of food and beverage! 100% recommend!
This was an excellent tour! We go on food tours wherever we travel to. It's a great introduction into the city with a little history and a lot of food and personality. Everything we had wanted to try while we were in Vilnius, was in this tour. Of course, there was more than we knew about as well. Also, if you like a couple of local alcohols, then you will be pleasantly surprised as well! Our guide was Victoria and was absolutely a gem. I really liked how well we connected with the rest of the group and at no point did we feel rushed or to stop talking so she could give us information. It all felt so natural and just like a group of friends hanging out. This tour made our visit to Vilnius extra special!
Places to stay near Vilnius Urban Adventures
Plan your trip to Vilnius
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
View all ›
View all ›
Side trips from Vilnius
Hidden gems in Vilnius
View all ›
Plans in Vilnius by other users
30 days in Europe BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA August, popular sights PREFERENCES: August ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 30 days in Eastern Europe BY A USER FROM BRAZIL June, culture, outdoors, beaches, historic sites, museums, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: June, culture, outdoors, beaches, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 13 days in The Baltics BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES May, popular sights PREFERENCES: May ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 37 days in Europe BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA July, popular sights PREFERENCES: July ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 7 days in Vilnius BY A USER FROM JORDAN February, culture, historic sites, museums, shopping, popular sights PREFERENCES: February, culture, historic sites, museums, shopping ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 7 days in Lithuania BY A USER FROM JORDAN February, culture, relaxing, historic sites, museums, shopping, popular sights PREFERENCES: February, culture, relaxing, historic sites, museums, shopping ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium